Thursday, September 9, 2021

Lowe's Employee


I was at Lowe’s the other day and a customer asked me for help with a specialty screw.  What is it about me that makes people think that I work at Lowe’s?!  Do they see me there all the time?  Do I look like I know what I’m looking for?  Am I the kind of a man that people feel at ease to ask a question?  Well, actually, all of the above are true.  And usually, once I am helping them, they notice that I am not a Lowe’s employee.  They apologize, but then I say, “No problem; I’m glad to help.  Us customers have to stick together.”  And that’s true in life.  We as humans should stick together.  We should help each other.  We should be concerned with our fellow humans’ well-being. Hey, we should be concerned with their souls as well.  The writer of the book of Hebrews wisely said in Hebrews 9:27, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”  I should be as concerned for someone’s eternal destiny as I am for the specialty screw that they are looking for.  After all, which is more important?

No comments:

Post a Comment