Friday, September 17, 2021

Unnatural Breeze

 


This morning, as I sat on the back deck and watched God’s creation, I noticed many things.  I saw birds feeding; I saw hummingbirds flying; and I saw beautiful green trees.  I should enjoy the green foliage because fall is coming, and the trees won’t be green for very much longer.  Already I can see the tips of some of the trees changing colors.  A few yellows and a few reds are just beginning to show on the ends of the highest branches.  This morning as I watched, the air was very still.  Only one place did I see the leaves stirring with a tiny breeze.  But I noticed that the breeze didn’t move or swell.  It stayed constant in just one area.  But upon closer observation, I found that the breeze was caused by my air conditioner unit that was blowing twenty feet below the moving leaves.  The unnatural movement was caused by an unnatural source.  How true in life.  When something goes wrong, there is s cause.  When something is out of normal, there is a reason.  David said in Psalm 77:6, “I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.”  When things aren’t going right; when your life is out of normal; look for the cause.  Hey, get back to God and get back to normal.  Live at peace with God and you’ll be at peace with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment