Friday, September 10, 2021

Light


Last week, we came home at night, and I noticed that the car headlights weren’t quite as bright as I thought that they should be.  So, after I got Kathy into the house, I came back out to investigate.  And sure enough, I found that one of the low beam headlamps had burned out.  I went onto the Rockauto website and ordered two headlights for a good price (a free commercial).  I ordered two because both were the same age, and if one burned out, the other was not far behind (free advice).  I got them in the mail yesterday and when we came home last night, I wanted to put them in.  But I was having trouble holding a flashlight while trying to get the bulbs in and out using only the other hand.  So, I got out a headlamp that my brother-in-law had given me two months ago (thanks, Kirk).  And it worked great!  I could aim the light just where I needed it and use two hands to get into difficult places.  I was please to get the job done.  Hey, at night, you’ve got to have light to see what you’re doing.  You need to see where you’re going.  The same is true for your spiritual life.  You need the light of God’s Word illuminate your life.  God’s precious Word will light the way ahead showing you which way to go … and which way not to go.  David wisely said in Psalm 119:105, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”  Hey, use God’s light today.  Don’t stumble around in darkness; let God show you the way to go.  Then follow it.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment