Monday, September 13, 2021

Teaching/Learning

I remember that my mother’s mother taught me how to fold a dress shirt.  Granny Epperly said, “You can help your mother by folding your shirts.  First, you pinch the creases on the sleeves, pull the collar with the other hand and fold the shirt in half.  Then you fold the sleeves over the body, and there you have it.”  I was ten and still remember how to fold a dress shirt.  I remember George Joaquin showed me how to grease axle bearings.  He said, “You don’t rub grease on the outside, you squeeze it into the inside.”  He put grease on the palm of his hand and pushed the bearing race onto the grease over and over until it squeezed out between the bearings.  I was twenty-one.  I remember that Ron Kuhns taught me to love the Lord with everything that I had.  Not just to be a Christian, but to really love God with all of my being.  I was forty-one.  Hey, If I have taught you anything, it is because many good people have taught me.  Now it’s your turn … you go and teach others too.  Paul said in II Timothy 2:2, “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.”  Have you been taught by good teachers?  Are you teaching others?  And are you teaching others to be teachers?  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment