Friday, September 3, 2021

Tee Shirt


Today I went to the bank wearing one of my Blood Assurance tee shirts and the teller thanked me for being a blood donor.  She went on to explain that when she delivered her baby, a blood vessel ruptured, and she needed 10 pints of blood to survive.  Since 1972 I have given 30 gallons of blood.  It is easy for me to do and is something that I can do for other people in need.  I have A+ “hillbilly” blood, but when someone needs it, even ordinary blood is precious to them.  Hey, I began to think of the person who gave me the gift of spiritual life.  My ten-year-old friend, Miles Howell told me of my need of salvation, and my pastor, Gwen Blackburn explained God’s gift in terms that a six-year-old boy could understand.  Solomon said in Proverbs 25:25, “As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.”  I am so grateful for the Good News of salvation that was brought to me back in 1956.  Both of the men that I mentioned have gone on to their heavenly reward.  Hey, have you thanked the person who shared God’s salvation with you?  Why not thank them today.  You’ll be glad that you did … and so will they.

No comments:

Post a Comment