Sunday, September 12, 2021

Grab a Pocket


When my children were little, I would hold their hand when we walked across a parking lot.  But when my family grew to three and four, it was a little more complicated.  When I carried a baby, I would say, “Grab a pocket,” and the kids knew what that meant.  It was their job to grab onto one of my four pants pockets and hang on.  I was supervising, if their grip was not sincere.  It wasn’t that they were hanging onto me, it was that they were obeying me, and I was holding them.  Often a little one would look up with fear as we crossed a busy street.  I would reassure them and say, “Hold onto my pocket and you will be just fine.”  And they were.  I never lost one of them to a busy street or a crowded parking lot.  Hey, Jesus won’t lose one of His precious children either.  Jesus said in John 6:39, “And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.”  Jesus will save each one that the Father gives to Him.  Jesus will keep each one that He saves.  And Jesus will raise up from the dead each one who has believed in Him.  Jesus’ reputation as deity depends on it.  You can count on Jesus.  He will do what He said He will do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment