Thursday, September 30, 2021

Pride

Have you ever been sitting in church, heard a great message, and thought, “Wow!  Brother So-and-So should be here!  He really needs to hear this!”?  If you have, I’m sorry to inform you, but that’s pride.  The Holy Spirit is actually speaking to YOU but you think that He should be speaking to Brother So-and-So.  So, now you think that you know more than the Holy Spirit.  Strike two.  Why is it so easy to see the faults of Brother So-and-So when you make excuses for the same faults in your life?!  Paul warned me to beware.  He said in I Corinthians 10:12, “Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.”  Today, at church, I just realized that I have been grousing about two dear friends as if I am Mr. Perfect.  But today, I realized that my grumbling about them was MY problem, not theirs.  I need to take care of MY pride and let the dear Lord take care of their problems.  “Thank you, dear Lord, for speaking to me today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment