Saturday, September 11, 2021

HD TV

My son came home for a visit and wanted to do something nice for his mother and me.  So, he bought us this new, huge TV.  It is one of those smart TV’s - smarter than me, I’m sorry to say.  It has all the bells and whistles and really does a lot.  The smaller, older TV was moved back to the spare bedroom.  The other day, Kathy was napping in the living room, so I went back to the spare bedroom to watch TV (cowboys shooting, Indians screaming, and constant gunfire doesn’t make for a pleasant nap).  Well, now the picture on our old TV looks sort of pitiful.  It’s not HD and it’s not smart technology and … well it’s just pitiful.  It reminded me of how some people read the Bible.  If you are born again and have the Holy Spirit to illuminate your soul, you see the Scriptures in High Definition.  The Bible comes alive to you because the Author is explaining it to you.  But if you are not born again, you are struggling to understand the Bible.  It just doesn’t make sense.  It’s like me watching our old TV in the spare bedroom.  Paul said in I Corinthians 2:14, “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”  The unregenerated mind just can’t understand spiritual truths.  Hey, if you are struggling to understand the Bible, let God give you His Holy Spirit and upgrade you to HD.  God’s upgrade is really a smart screen.  You can see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment