Saturday, September 25, 2021

Discharge Directions

 


Yesterday, Kathy and I went to the Memorial Hospital’s Wound Healing Center - a weekly event for the past three months.  And yesterday, she was once again attended to by caring technicians, nurses, and doctors.  And as we left, we stopped by the front desk to make an appointment for next week.  Crissy gave us our appointment, written down, because she knows that I am forgetful.  And then she handed me Kathy’s “Discharge Directions”.  Each time we leave, we leave with directions on how to care for the wound, what new medications to begin to take, and which old medications to discontinue.  Directions are included on how to dress and cleanse the wound.  Without those directions, I could never take care of her wounds as I should.  The doctors and nurses give me so many directions so fast, I couldn’t begin to remember everything.  But with the discharge directions, I can go back later and refer to them and get things right.  Hey, that’s exactly how it is with the Bible, God’s written Word.  I have the Bible to refer to so that I can live my life the right way.  After all, I only get one chance to get it right.  David said in Psalm 33:4, “For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.”  God does everything right.  And if we obey His word, the Bible, we will get it right too.  You can trust God, and you can trust God’s word, the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment