Thursday, September 16, 2021

Night Blindness


I was out late last night going to KFC because my dear wife had a craving for the Colonel’s mashed potatoes.  If she wasn’t 72 years old, I’d say that she was pregnant.  But I know that’s not possible.  But wait, there was Abraham and Sarah in the Bible …  But, I digress.  Anyway, I was driving, it was very dark, and our neighborhood roads are curvy.  With my old eyes, I like to keep the hi beams on my headlights.  Evidently, everyone else does too.  But I remembered a trick that my dad taught me when I first began to drive.  He said, “Don’t worry about the oncoming car and their bright lights.  Just look at the edge of the road, keep your right tire near the edge, and don’t look into the oncoming car’s headlights.  If you do, their headlights will blind you and you’ll panic.”  I remembered his words.  That was almost 57 years ago!  If I keep my eyes on that outside curb, the rest of the car will take care of itself.  I must trust the other driver that he will stay on his side of the solid line.  Hey, that’s the way it is in life.  Don’t let distractions trick you into momentarily blindness.  Keep your eyes on the Lord, where you are safe, and everything else will take care of itself.  David said in Psalm 141:8, “But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my trust …”  Keep your eyes on the Lord.  Good advice for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment