Thursday, June 30, 2022

Ants and Life

 


Last night, I got gas at the BP station (Yikes!) and cleaned my windshield while the pump was running.  But on the way home, a big beetle flew into the clean windshield splattering his guts all over the glass.  Which reminds me of a joke.  Q: What was the last thing that went through the beetle’s mind when he hit the windshield?  A: His rear end.  OK, back to my story.  So, this morning, I got into the car at 8:30 am to go to the dialysis center to pick up Kathy and I noticed an ant eating breakfast … of bug guts.  Gross!  As I drove out of the subdivision, the wind blew across the windshield and the ant hung on for the ride of his life.  At each stop sign, he recovered, but hung on with all six of his legs as I got up to 55 mph on the parkway.  When I stopped at the dialysis center to wait for my dear wife, the ant began looking for his trail off the car.  He walked round and round sniffing for the pheromones that would lead him back to his colony.  He didn’t realize that he was two miles from home!  I actually felt a little sorry for him.  Hey, he was tenacious!  He did what he had to do for the good of his colony.  King Agur said in Proverbs 30:24&25, “There be four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise: The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer.”  And he was so right!  This little ant was tiny, but he hung on with all of his tiny might.  He found himself in a difficult situation, but he didn’t give up.  I wonder if I will be as tough today as this little ant was.  May the dear Lord help me to be tenacious today, like that little ant.

No comments:

Post a Comment