Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Guide Me with your Eye


OK, I’ll admit it.  I was not a little angel growing up.  I know that you may find it hard to believe, but I just had to get the truth out.  My dad had one rule (of several) in church that we had to sit in front of our parents.  We could be on the other side or several rows in front, but we just had to be in front of them.  And my dad and I both knew why.  Often, I would be talking to my cousin instead of listening to the preacher, and I would glance back to see if my dad was watching.  And, of course, he was.  And he would give me that look with his eye and a little jerk his head indicating for me to move back beside him.  I always did.  It was embarrassing for me to move back beside my dad, but it was much more embarrassing for him to get up and come up to where I was sitting and bring me back to where he was sitting.  And I knew that he would do that.  Oh, yes, he would!  I may have been many things, but I wasn’t stupid.  Hey, the dear Lord is watching me too.  He is watching me, and He is watching you, and nothing gets by the eye of the dear Lord. David said in Psalm 32:8, “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.”  God will instruct, God will teach, and God will guide.  How good to know that God sees me and God will guide me.  Hey, let the dear Lord guide you today.  Shut down social media.  Get out your Bible and read it and let the dear Lord guide you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment