Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Seven Days in a Week


When Kathy and I arrive at the dialysis center on Monday at 5 am, I always greet everyone and whine with, “Well, it’s Monday.  If we can just make it through today, the rest of the week will be easier.”  And everyone agrees.  On Wednesday, I always say, “Well, it’s hump day.  If we make it through today, the week is half over.”  And everyone agrees … with a glimmer of hope.  But on Friday, I say, “Well, it’s Friday.  I can take anything on Friday.”  And everyone agrees … heartily!  So, last Friday, a lady came in and said, “If there was one more day in this week, I don’t think that I could make it.”  She was discouraged.  I answered, “But there isn’t another day!  Only seven days this week, and you get a break Saturday and Sunday!”  She reluctantly agreed.  Hey, the day, the month, and the year are determined by solar events, but the week of seven days was determined by God’s workweek.  The “day” is until the sun gets back to the same point tomorrow.  The “month” is until the moon gets back to the same point around the earth.  The “year” is until earth gets back to the same point around the sun.  But the workweek (seven days) was defined by God Himself when He worked in creation.  Moses said in Exodus 20:11, “For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.”  Atheists may argue the reality of God, but the seven-day week is testimony to the dear Lord, Who created everything in six days and rested on the seventh.  God gave us seven days in a week.  And I agree with the lady at dialysis: I’m glad for Friday!  …and the weekend!  Hey, worship the good Lord this Sunday.  After all, it is “the Lord’s Day”!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment