Sunday, June 26, 2022

Like Father Like Son


When I was in my last year of college, I took a course entitled, Psychology of Education with Dr. Nat P.  He was a smart man and I learned from his wealth of knowledge.  I was also a friend of his son, Steve P. who went to church with me in Hixson, Tennessee.  I was intrigued by how the father and son were so alike.  So, one day in class, being the distracted student that I was, I observed 18 specific mannerisms that Steve and his father shared!  Of course, I couldn’t tell which were learned as Steve mimicked his father, or which he inherited from his dad.  Hey, can the same be said about me and my heavenly Father?!  Am I more like Him every day?  There are several characteristics that I got when I was born again into God’s forever family, and there are others that I learn as I become like the dear Lord.  Hey, what about you?  Are you becoming more like your Father?  Paul said in II Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”  Are you becoming like your heavenly Father?  I hope so.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment