Thursday, June 2, 2022

Luck?


There is a saying in Romania that if a bird poops on your car, you will have good luck.  Well, I know that is not true, because the birds poop on my car every day, and I don’t have any better luck than anyone else.  But I did see this car in the Costco gas line today who was definitely going to have better luck than me.  He was trying to look very dignified in his nice car, but his serious looks were marred by the comical look of the bird poop all over his car.  Solomon said Ecclesiastes 10:6, “Folly is set in great dignity, …” and he was right.  If you think you are Mr. Suave, make sure that your car is clean on the outside, or folk will just laugh at your supposed dignity.  Hey, I need to have a good sense of humor, because I have never been described as having “great dignity”.  Don’t look now, but you are not all that dignified either.  So today, laugh a little.  Enjoy life.  Don’t be too dignified.  You may just have bird poop all over your car, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment