Thursday, June 16, 2022

Dryer Coins


We have a good cash flow at our house, but occasionally there is month left when the money runs out.  I look through sport coat pockets, under couch cushions and underneath the car seats for emergency money.  The car is usually the best.  But I am frustrated in my clothes dryer.  When I put clothes in the dryer and start it, I hear a coin(s) rattling inside the three plastic baffles that tumble the clothes, but I can’t get at the coins.  The baffles are screwed into the round drum, so I would have to take the top off the dryer, remove the heating element, remove the drive belt, take off the front glide and the back pulley in order to get to the baffles.  I might be rewarded with a couple of quarters, or they might turn out to be just pennies.  I wouldn’t know until I get the dryer all apart.  But then I run the risk of damaging the heater coils, which would cost much more to replace than the quarters that I might harvest.  It’s not worth the investment in time and risk.  But there is a risk that I have taken that turned out to be a much better return than a few quarters: I took a chance on Jesus when I was but a little boy, and over the years, I have found Him true, faithful, and worthy!  Psalm 37:23-26, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.”  Wow!  What precious words!  The dear Lord is the best deal that I ever made!  Try Him; you’ll find Him true!

No comments:

Post a Comment