Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Too Much of a Good Thing


When I was ten years old, I went home Sunday afternoon after church with my good friend, Miles H.  Miles, his mother, and older brother ate Sunday lunch at the Edgewood Diner.  It was the first time that I had ever eaten at a restaurant.  Following their lead, I ordered a hamburger and fries.  But when I opened the ketchup bottle, the ketchup poured out smothering my fries.  Miles felt sorry for me, but I tried to cover up my carelessness with, “Oh, I like lots of ketchup.”  I went on to eat those fries covered with ketchup.  Hey, I like Ketchup, but I had too much of a good thing.  Solomon said in Proverbs 25:16, “Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.”  Too much of a good thing can make you sick.  And too much of Ketchup will make you sick too.  Believe me, I know!  Hey, eat, sleep, work, and play in moderation.  Be balanced in your life.  Too much of a good thing, even ketchup, is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment