Friday, June 24, 2022

Blackberry Pie


In 1987, I went to Dunnellon, Florida with Ron K. His dad was living there, and we stayed a few days in a camper on their property. Ron’s dad had heart problems for years and his wife, Ron’s stepmom, was helping him to eat healthy. The second afternoon that we were there, she made a blackberry pie. It had the traditional crisscrossed pie crust on top with luscious blackberries oozing out between. But when I took one bite, I was shocked and disappointed. She had not used any sugar! Now some fruit in a pie may be used without sugar, but not blackberries. They are so naturally tart that sugar is a must. I could not eat the rest of the piece of pie. It made me shudder. What looked appetizing, simply was not. Hey, have you ever been disappointed by a certain dish? Were your taste buds ready for one thing and they got another? Like the time I mistakenly got whipped cream off the salad bar thinking it was sour cream. My first bite of baked potato was a shock … like the blackberry pie. But with Jesus Christ, you are never disappointed. The dear Lord will never let you down. The old apostle John said, confidently, in I John 5:11-13, “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” Hey, there is not a shadow of doubt in these verses! If you have Jesus, you have eternal life. And you never have to doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment