Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Reboot


I am not a computer geek.  Occasionally, I do a few clever things that gives me confidence and I begin to think that I am a computer geek.  But then I change some settings in files thinking that I will improve some operation and end up in trouble.  I tinker with something that I shouldn’t be tinkering with.  Yesterday, my volume control pop-up window disappeared, and I couldn’t adjust the volume on my speakers.  So, I went into the settings, opened devices, opened speakers, and toggled the volume level.  But now, I have to go through the same complicated steps just to adjust the volume where before I had a single click on the toolbar.  I don’t know what I did to mess up my speakers/volume control.  So, I just rebooted the entire system.  I turned off my computer, let it sit for 10 seconds, and restarted it.  And when I clicked on the speaker icon, the volume control panel opened right up.  I don’t know what I did to mess it up, and I don’t know what I did to fix it.  I just rebooted it.  Hey, in life, often we drift and get away from where we know that we should be.  We develop bad habits.  We collect bad friends.  We forget family.  We spend too much time on mindless computer games and YouTube searches.  Hey, we just need a reboot in life.  It’s time to get back to where we want to be.  King Solomon said in his dedicatory prayer in II Chronicles 7:14, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”  This was a promise from God to Israel, but the same formula will work for us!  Hey, get back to God.  Get back to the Bible.  Get pack to prayer.  Reboot your life.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment