Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Marginal


The only new vehicle that I ever owned was a 1974 Gremlin.  I paid $2,770 for it brand new.  All of the other cars that I have owned have been used … and some VERY used.  I have had several cars given to me, and I have given several cars to other folk who needed one more than me.  But I have noticed that even a marginal car is far better than walking.  I never complain about a marginal car because it is the best that I have.  Hey, most church members are marginal Christians, and most churches are marginal churches.  But the church is the only vehicle that God has to win a lost and dying world.  We are not much, but we are all that God has. Paul said in I Corinthians 1:27, “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.”  And then Paul goes on to tell us the reason why in verse 31.  He says, “… He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.”  God uses weak messengers so that He will get the glory.  Hey, it isn’t how great we are; it’s what a great God that we serve!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment