Monday, June 20, 2022

Transformation




I cut some limbs off our apple tree last fall.  The limbs were hanging over the electric lines, and the whole tree needed to be “whacked back” quite a bit.  I used one of the bigger limbs to make a decorative bowl.  It has a natural edge with woodpecker holes in the bark.  It should have dried another 6 months, and I turned it a little too soon, so I had to use a shellac sanding sealer to slow the cracking during the drying.  I prefer a softer sheen than this shinny finish.  But it does sparkle.  What started out as a piece of firewood became a beautiful bowl with a special place on the coffee table.  I am so thankful that the dear Lord found me as a worthless sinner 65 years ago and turned me into a treasure of His!  It’s not about me, the vessel; it’s all about how The Master Carpenter molds and makes a soul that He chooses to save.  Paul said in II Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”  I’m glad to be a part of God’s forever family, and a vessel in His hands.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment