Sunday, July 17, 2022

Do Your Part


I was on my way to Chick fil-A this morning when I passed a small sign on the side of Battlefield Pkwy that said, “This mile was cleaned by ___ ”.  I was curious, so I looked up the roads in Catoosa County, where I live.  There are 427 miles of paved roads in our little county!  So, how can we keep all of those roads clean?  Well, we can do it, one mile at a time.  If everyone cleans up the mile of roadway in front of their own house, and other folk do the same, all of the roads will be clean.  It’s that simple.  Hey, Nehemiah rebuilt the wall in Jerusalem.  Four times in chapter 3, Nehemiah describes men building a section of the wall “next to their house”.  If we take responsibility for our area, like the Jews did in Nehemiah 3, we can get the job done!  Hey, God has you in your neighborhood to do His work in just a small area.  You can reach the people who live near you, and others in your church can reach the people in their neighborhood.  And if we each do our job in our neighborhoods, we can impact our generation for the Lord!  That is … if we each do our job.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment