Saturday, July 30, 2022

Separated


In 1974 Kathy and I went to Walgreen’s in Northgate shopping mall.  Our daughter Becky was three years old, and she wanted to look at the toys.  My wife was picking up a prescription and I was looking at some things, so I told her not to go anywhere and she could look at the toys.  Not a good idea.  When she looked up and she didn’t see mommy or daddy, she panicked.  She went looking for us out into the mall.  Moments later, I looked around the aisle to check on her and she was not there.  And I panicked.  Kathy and I ran up and down the drugstore aisles looking for our daughter, but she was nowhere to be found.  I ran out the drugstore door into the mall, and there she was, talking to a security guard.  She was spinning the longest yarn to the guard, who was smiling and listening.  I was glad to see my daughter and she was glad to see me.  What a terrible few minutes when we were separated!  Hey, if you have trust in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will NEVER be separated from God!  Paul said in Romans 8:35,38,39 “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  Absolutely nothing can separate us from our Lord.  What security!  What peace of mind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment