Friday, July 22, 2022

Nasty Towels

 


I have a towel shelf in my garage where I keep my nasty towels.  Someone might say, “What are nasty towels, and why do you keep them?”  Well, nasty towels, are used for nasty jobs, and they come in handy.  I use them when I change the oil in my truck, I use them to clean the floor, and I use them when I have a paint spill.  If they are moderately used, I wash them and use them again … separately from our good clothes, of course.  My nasty towels may have stains and bleach spots on them, and they may not be upstairs towels, but they are still useful.  Hey, that’s the way God sees us.  Many folk have scars from sin and carry guilt from the past, but God forgives and can still use them.  David was an adulterer, Moses was a murderer, and Peter was a quitter, but God still used them!  Paul told Timothy in II Timothy 2:20&21, “But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.”  At a fancy dinner, you need a gold cup, but cleaning out a paint brush, you need a tin cup.  Sometimes you need a clean fresh towel when you step out of the shower, but sometimes you need a nasty towel to dry off a paint brush.  And just like David and Moses and Peter, God is willing give you a second chance.  I think everyone should get a second chance in life, even nasty towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment