Monday, July 11, 2022

Too Much Stuff


We have a small kitchen, a fact that my dear wife reminds me of quite often.  And she is right… but don’t tell her that I have admitted it.  So, we have this narrow drawer beside the stove where we keep her five big sharp knives.  And I have added a knife sharpener and a pizza cutter wheel to the drawer.  But the main problem that makes the drawer too crowded are the two rolling pins: one Kathy uses, and the other is from her grandmother.  Often, things get moved around in the drawer and it won’t close.  There’s just too much in the drawer.  I move the knives and the sharpener, but the rolling pins are the culprits.  They are just too big.  But I have found that if I put the big rolling pins in first, the other items will fit around them, and the drawer will close.  Hey, that’s the way it is with life.  Fit the main things in first, and the smaller details will fit in around the main things.  But the question is, “What are your main things?”  What are the important things in your life?  Jesus said in Matthew 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”  If you will put God first in your life, everything else will fit right in.  If you don’t put God first, your drawer won’t close … so to speak.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment