Thursday, July 28, 2022

Fragrance

 


In 1980, I started teaching at Calvary Christian school.  That winter, we sold our house and moved into the church-owned duplex on Orgain Drive.  Richard and Barbara lived on the other side and were good neighbors (I hope we were good neighbors too).  I always needed five-gallon plastic buckets, and Richard gave me several … but they had a strange odor.  Richard operated a printing press for Arcade Publishers in Highland Park.  They had a patent for a special process that printed perfume on paper and sealed it into the envelope flap.  When the recipient opened the envelope, the fragrance was released, and a perfume purchase was suggested.  So, at work, Richard used five-gallon buckets of perfume!  I asked Barbara how she liked the perfume.  She rolled her eyes and said, “I hate my husband coming home at night smelling like another woman’s perfume!”  Hey, when you are around people, do you give off an aura of the Lord Jesus Christ?  Are you bold to speak of Jesus?  Do folk hear you talk about Jesus all the time?  Paul said in I Corinthians 2:2, “For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.”  Paul was determined to speak out about Jesus to everyone that he met in Corinth!  Are you determined to be identified with Jesus too?!  Like Brother Richard and his fragrance printing, do you give off the fragrance of Jesus Christ?  I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment