Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Salvaged


Three years ago, I was driving into Chattanooga from Ringgold and had to merge from I-75 onto the I-24 exit.  I had to merge, but the semi-truck beside me was in too much of a hurry to merge.  And as he blew by me, he took off the passenger’s side mirror.  I don’t know why I was upset; it could have been much worse.  I had difficulty finding a replacement mirror, so I went to a junk yard in Rossville.  But now they are called “recycle yards” … much more respectable.  For $50 I was able to get an exact mirror replacement.  It was even weathered like my old one and matched my weathered door perfectly.  But “Big-Hearted Smitty’s” isn’t the only place in town that is in the salvage business; God is in the salvage business too!  And God reclaims lives for eternity!  I remember the day in 1956 when Jesus Christ reclaimed me!  Paul said in II Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”  I am so glad for the day that I was salvaged by God!  Hey, have you been reclaimed by God?  Has your life been salvaged?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment