Friday, January 27, 2023

A Fake

 


I had many odd jobs while in college.  Odd jobs actually means a job for a short period of time, but some of my odd jobs were truly “odd”.  Loveman’s department store in Chattanooga had a “British Days Sale” featuring their London Fog clothing line.  I was hired for two weeks to be a Grenadier guard, like the real guards at Buckingham palace.  I had the tall hat and uniform, but a fake rifle.  Hey, I wouldn’t trust me with a real gun either.  Ha, ha!  There were two of us and we stood across the aisle-way from each other staring straight ahead.  We looked the part and most customers didn’t think that we were real until they saw us blink an eye.  If anyone got too close, we snapped to attention with the ”fake” gun raised in front of us.  I’m not sure if that sort of intimidation would work today.  Hey, are there “fake” areas of your spiritual life today?  Others see one thing, but inside, you really know that you are a fake?  Jesus said in Matthew 7:15,16,20, “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.”  If I had tried to use my gun, everyone, including me, would have known that it was fake.  Hey, do you have a fake Christian life?!  Today would be a good day for you to come clean with the good Lord.  After all, He already knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment