Friday, January 13, 2023

Awkward Moment


 

Let me tell you about an awkward moment that I had about six years ago.  A VERY awkward moment!  I have a fingernail that has something wrong with the nailbed and it grows out with a split in the middle.  The end often snags and tears at the split making it painful.  In order to keep it from snagging on everything that I touch, I bought some clear nail polish and put a little on my nail to keep the ends stuck together.  But I cut my nails, and the split started snagging again. So, when I stopped at a traffic light, I got out the polish to touch up the split.  Just as I finished putting a dab of polish on my nail, I looked over at the car stopped in the lane beside me.  Inside was a woman who was staring at me using fingernail polish.  When our eyes met, she quickly looked away so that I wouldn’t see her staring at me.  I wanted to jump out of my truck and run around to her car to explain.  But it was too late.  The light had changed, and she sped away.  She probably still tells everyone about an old, gray-haired man in a work truck painting his nails.  Hey, I’m sure that you have had awkward moments too.  Jesus even said that you would have awkward moments.  Jesus said in Luke 14:11, “For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.”  Hey, when you have an awkward moment, just laugh at it.  Don’t be too proud to laugh at yourself.  When something is funny, just laugh at it, even if it is about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment