Thursday, January 19, 2023

A Pleasant Surprise


 

I was pleasantly surprised at supper last night.  Let me explain.  Last night, Kathy and I had pot pies for supper.  I got them out of the oven and had to hurry to get to the Wednesday night prayer service at church, so I dumped them out upside down onto plates to get them to cool a little faster.  And when I did, I discovered that they had crust on the bottom.  What a pleasant surprise!  I was surprised because KFC does not have crust on the bottom and Banquet does not have crust on the bottom.  But Marie Callendar added an extra touch; Marie Callendar has crust on the top AND on the bottom.  Hey, at the grocery store, I couldn’t see the crust on the bottom when I bought them, but I was pleased when I dumped them out onto the plates.  So … let me ask you a question.  Are you like Marie Callendar and go the extra mile?  Do you add a little extra at work when no one sees it?  Solomon said in Proverbs 22:29, “Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.”  Remember, the cream always rises to the top.  If you are diligent and honest and do MORE than you have to, you will be promoted.  You will rise to the top of your chosen profession.  It may take a little time, but you will succeed.  Hey, do good work and people will notice.  I noticed at supper last night, and I will buy Marie Callendar pot pies again, even if they cost a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment