Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Dreams


 

My dear wife got out of the hospital five days ago and slept in her recliner last night.  When I went in to check on her this morning, she had a pile of dirty Kleenex’s on the nightstand right beside her recliner.  I said, “Why didn’t you throw those nasty Kleenex’s in the trash can just on the other side of your recliner?!”  She replied, “Well, I had this dream that Mary Kate (our granddaughter) was sleeping here beside me, and I didn’t want to throw dirty Kleenex’s on her.”  Makes perfect sense … kind of.  Have you ever had a dream that was so vivid that when you woke up, you questioned whether it was a dream or reality?  I have.  Hey, some dreams are actually goals that are to become reality.  Never lose your dreams.  Paul had a dream.  And we read it in Philippians 3:13&14, “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”  Hey, that is my dream too!  I want to serve the Lord until He calls me home.  What about you?  Is Paul’s dream your dream too?

No comments:

Post a Comment