Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Doggie Doors


 

Years ago, I worked for a man in Hixson, Tennessee who was a difficult man to please.  But I did well, because I did my best to read his mind.  Some people want you to use the cheapest materials that you can, and they’ll squeeze every dime that they give you.  Others want the best quality materials with the best quality workmanship.  The key to pleasing every man that you work for is to understand what they want.  So, this customer wanted me to put in three dog doors in his garage door.  He wanted me to install two medium-sized doors and one large-sized door because he had three dogs.  I paused for a minute in thought and said, “Well, Mr. H. why not just put in one large-sized doggie door and all three dogs can get through the same door?”  He responded adamantly, “When I say ‘Git!’ I want all three of my dogs to git!”  I shrugged my shoulders and said, “No problem.”  And I went on to install three doggie doors in the garage door.  Some people are self-confident.  They know what they want.  But our spiritual confidence doesn’t come from within ourselves; our spiritual confidence comes from the Lord.  Solomon said in Proverbs 3:25&26, “Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.”  Hey, trust in the Lord and be assured of the fact that you are on the winning side.

No comments:

Post a Comment