Tuesday, January 24, 2023

The Past


 

Our pastor has a saying, “The past is passed, so get past it!”  I like it!  How often do we worry about past failures?  Oh, we should learn from our past mistakes … so that we don’t make the same mistakes again, but we can’t correct any mistakes made in the past.  They’re over!  We just need to get past wallowing in the memories of their failures!  I believe that Satan uses past failures to discourage us!  Paul said it best in Philippians 4:13&14, “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”  Remember the past, but don’t wallow in its failures.  Learn from your mistakes and move on!  Get on with life!

No comments:

Post a Comment