Monday, January 30, 2023

Time Is Money


I was excited to buy my class ring in the spring of 1966.  The Josten’s man came to Edgewood high school and had his display set up in the cafeteria at lunchtime.  I had been working Saturdays at Barberry Sod company and had saved up the money to pay for the ring myself.  I felt so grown-up as I paid the $5 down payment for the ring.  Three weeks later, the Josten’s man was back, I paid the balance, and got the little paper envelope with my ring in it.  It fit perfectly, and I was so proud.  That ring cost me $21.50, and at $1.50 per hour at my Saturday job, the ring cost me a little over 14 hours of my life.  You see, time is money, and money is time. When you buy something, you are trading a part of your life for that item.  Oh, the more that you make per hour, the less of your life that an item costs, but nonetheless, it is costing you a part of your life.  And even if someone else gives you money, it cost them part of their life.  So, spend your money well, because you are spending your life!.  Jesus said in Matthew 16:26, “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”  Hey, is there anything more important than your eternal soul?  Think about it, and live purposefully today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment