Sunday, January 29, 2023

Expensive Supplements


My dear wife is on a high-powered antibiotic, so she needs Greek yogurt and a probiotic to keep her gut flora flourishing.  So, this morning, I went by the drug store to get some probiotics.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that their vitamins and supplements were on sale.  Well actually, they weren’t on sale, they were just bogo (buy one and get one free).  I got my glucosamine chondroitin, vitamin C gummies, and Kathy’s probiotic gummies and the total was $75!  On my way home, I was grousing about the cost of healthy living.  I thought, “It’s cheaper to go to the doctor when I’m sick than to buy supplements to keep me healthy!”  Brother Larry at church had a similar problem.  He priced hearing aids and determined that it would be much cheaper to learn sign language.  Ha, ha!  David said in Psalm 90:10, “The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.”  Hey, our days are numbered, and only the dear Lord knows that number.  Oh, we should do our best to stretch those days out, but our daily relationship with the dear Lord is much more important.  Remember Proverbs 9:10, “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment