Sunday, January 22, 2023

Mouse Saga Continues ...





 

Well … my mouse-in-the-garage saga continues.  I put a lid on my cornhole bucket and set a trap on top with another trap beside the bucket where the mouse might travel.  But the trap on the ground was tripped with no mouse in it.  Either the mouse was Supermouse, or it was a rat capable of getting out of the little mouse trap.  Kind of scary to think about!  I found the gnawed cornhole bag that I had left out to lure the mouse in, but it was dragged over underneath my ladders (another indication of the size of the culprit).  So I bought two rat traps and set them near the cornhole bag, and I sprinkling a few corn kernels around to tempt the rat.  The next morning, I found the corn gone, but the traps intact.  The rat must have remembered the smell of the Swiss cheese in the mouse trap and knew to avoid Swiss cheese in the rat trap.  So, two nights ago, I set out a glue trap (unopened) and sprinkled corn around.  Again, the corn was gone.  So now the rat is desensitized to the danger of the glue trap, and I’ll get him (or her) tonight!  (fingers crossed)  Hey, Satan uses exactly the same tactics!  He uses tempting bait, incremental stages, and unbelievable patience.  But we have a secret weapon: the blessed Holy Spirit!  The Holy Spirit guides us and warns us against Satan’s clever tricks … if we listen to Him.  Paul said in Ephesians 6:11, “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”  With the armor of God, we can stand against Satan and his deceptions.  Now tonight, let’s see if my rat is as wise as he thinks he is!  Hey, that’s another good lesson …

No comments:

Post a Comment