Friday, January 20, 2023

Happy Nails

 


Right next to Panera Bread in Ft. Oglethorpe is a nail place called Happy Nails.  Just before Christmas, my dear wife was discouraged, so I took her to get her fingernails done there at Happy Nails.  When she came out, her nails looked great, but she was still discouraged, but for a different reason.  She paid $75 plus a tip for her nails.  I told her not to worry, but she did anyway.  I said, “But it says ‘Happy Nails’ and you should be happy.”  She moaned, “But it doesn’t say who should be happy.  With all that I paid, I’m not happy, but they are happy!”  And she was right.  Hey, as we live the Christian life, we please either God or the devil, never both.  When we sin, the devil is happy, but the dear Lord is sad.  When we obey the Lord and do the right thing, God is happy, but the devil is angry.  Jesus said in Matthew 6:24, “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.”  Hey, like my wife at Happy Nails, today, your decisions will make someone happy: you will make Satan happy, or you will make the Lord happy.  The choice is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment