Monday, January 16, 2023

As a Child

 


I went to Food Lion to pick up a few items six years ago.  As I pushed my cart around the corner, I came across three cute kids playing a game of “freeze”.  You know the game: someone says “freeze” and everyone has to freeze in that position until someone moves, then they are the loser.  The three kids looked to be about five, eight, and ten years old.  Right there in the middle of the frozen food aisle they were “frozen”, looking at each other, waiting to see who would be the first one to give in and move.  I had come up behind the five-year-old boy, so I just “froze” mid-step with my cart.  The ten-year-old saw me and began to giggle at me “frozen”.  So, the eight-year-old reacted to her and said, “You lost.”  Then the five-year-old reacted to both of them and said, “You both lost.”  Then they both pointed behind the five-year-old to me, still frozen, and said, “You lost too!”  Their dad came up behind me and we all had a good laugh.  Hey, the Lord wants us to come to Him as little children with childlike faith.  Children are happy-go-lucky without a care in the world.  They don’t worry about paying bills or tomorrow’s next meal because they trust that their father will take care of their needs.  And God delights in us, His children, coming to Him with our needs!  Jesus said in Matthew 19:14, “… Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”  Jesus delights in children and Jesus delights in us when we come to Him in child-like faith.  Hey, bring your needs to your heavenly Father.  He delights in giving to you because you are His dear child!

No comments:

Post a Comment