Friday, October 1, 2021

Fancy Red Truck


A few days ago, I got out of my old pick-up truck to go into Chick fil-A (where else?).  My old door works fine but swings freely without the usual catch at half-way and fully open.  As the door swung open, I grabbed to stop it, but my armrest is missing (old truck/old door).  I had parked uphill, so as the door swung open, gravity slowed it until it barely touching the nice truck parked next to me.  I looked and there was a man in the driver’s seat who saw my door swing open bumping his door.  He gave a glare and I grimaced apologetically.  He got out, came around his truck, and examined his door panel for damage.  Of course, there was none.  My door had barely touched his truck.  But he had to check for himself, and he wanted me to notice him checking.  I said, “Sorry,” but he ignored me.  He gave a frown as he looked at his door (probably disappointed that he found no damage) and went back to his seat without so much as a grunt.  I thought, “He must not have much of a life.”  This man had no social insight.  He had no concern for me; his only concern in life was for his stuff.  How sad.  A ding on a truck door was more important than another person.  He was more concerned with a metal door than a relationship with a fellow human being.  Jesus Christ warned of materialism.  He said in Matthew 6:19-21, “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”  Hey, that fancy truck will be in a junkyard someday.  But where will that man’s eternal soul be?  I pray that the dear Lord will let me run into him again at Chick fil-A (not literally) and give me an opportunity to speak to him about his eternal soul … another day.  Because today, he was not ready to listen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment