Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Antique


In 2017 my mom moved into Dominion Assisted Living in Hixson, Tennessee and my brother was cleaning out her house in Maryland.  He asked me if there were any things that I might want.  I told him that I wanted the antique shoe-shine box, and he sent it to me with a few other mementos.  The problem is that I made that box in ninth grade shop class ... fifty-seven years ago!  I made the little green pottery piece on top in seventh grade art class for Mrs. Wright.  I made it and then called it a toothpick holder, which my mother kept for fifty years.  It was ugly but made by her son.  So, if I am the one who made the antique shoe-shine box, what does that make me?  You guessed it; I am an antique too!  David said in Psalm 71:17&18, “O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.”  My prayer is that my children and my grandchildren will know that there is a God in heaven because of His faithfulness to me.  May it be so!

No comments:

Post a Comment