Saturday, March 12, 2022

Light


I had our kids and grandkids over last week while it was raining.  The storm intensified after supper when suddenly, the lights went out.  I waited for them to flicker and come back on, but they didn’t.  Within seconds four adults had cell phone lights on while I went looking for my flashlights.  But the two grandchildren had confiscated them, and neither knew where they were.  I discovered that one grandson had used a flashlight for “laser” sight for a wooden rifle.  I got out a kerosene lamp to the consternation of the adults.  “Dad, a fire in the house is a bad idea!” they said.  “Dad, that is way too dangerous!”  Dangerous?!  Why, we used to play with kerosene lanterns when I was a kid!  Children are getting soft.  They need to run with scissors just to keep them nimble.  JUST KIDDING!  Soon scented candles were lit all over the house … including the bathrooms.  The darkness outside coupled with the no electricity proved to be a problem.  Hey, light is necessary for us to move around.  We depend on light.  Light reveals dangers and stumbling blocks.  Light keeps us safe.  Jesus said in John 8:12, “… I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”  I am glad for physical light, but I am REALLY glad for spiritual light.  Do you have this spiritual light?  If not, message me and let’s talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment