Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Point of View


This morning I was late taking my wife to dialysis.  No real problem.  They should be grateful to see us at all.  As I topped the hill approaching Battlefield Parkway, the light was green.  “Great!” I thought, “This’ll save me a minute.”  But as I got closer, the light turned yellow and then red.  I had almost made it!  Rats!  But as I waited at the light a little disappointed, I noticed another car on my left whiz by on Battlefield with the green light.  And he might have been saying, “Nice!  The light just turned green, and I can keep moving!  I don’t have to slow down!  I just might be on time to work today!”  I was disappointed at the light change, but the other driver was pleased at the same light change.  Jesus said of our Heavenly Father in Matthew 5:45, “… he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”  The dear Lord knows what He is doing, even down to traffic lights.  Years ago, I drove ten miles to college each day, and I had thirteen traffic lights to pass through.  Yes, I counted them all!  And again, I was often frustrated when any of them were red.  That is until I realized that the dear Lord was stopping me for a reason.  It could have been that God was stopping me and protecting me from a drunk with a hangover who was driving recklessly up ahead.  I just didn’t know.  Hey, trust your heavenly Father.  He knows what He’s doing in your life, even down to the traffic lights.  And … it helps to leave a little earlier tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment