Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Real or Fake?


I walked into Jack’s restaurant last week and found a planter of new spring flowers.  But they were unusual colors.  That’s because they were plastic.  And nothin’ says spring like plastic flowers.  As I walked by, I smelled them, and they smelled like … well … plastic flowers.  Oh, I understand the problem with plants in dirt in a restaurant.  Chick fil-A uses plastic vases and cut flowers.  No dirt.  Of course, they must be replaced more often than plastic flowers, but then again, they are real flowers.  And of course, cut flowers cost more than plastic, but I think Jack’s can afford a few real flowers.  So, now I feel much better that I have vented, and thank you for listening.  So, stay with me a little longer while I make an application: is your spiritual life like fake, plastic-smelling, plastic flowers?  Or is your life with God the real thing?  Think about it.  You think about God on Sunday.  Good for you.  But how about on Monday?  Do you still think about God on Monday?  When your wife dents the car on Monday, do you give her the same look that you gave to her sitting in church on Sunday?  When your annoying child spills his drink on Monday, do you give him that sweet look that you gave him on Sunday when the preacher was looking at your family?  Are you a plastic Christian or the real deal?  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment