Monday, March 21, 2022

Late for Church


I was on my way to church last night when I didn’t even make it out of my sub-division.  A car had run off the road and was head-first into in a deep ditch.  It had happened much earlier because three deputy sheriffs were there watching the tilt-bed wrecker trying to pull the lady’s car out of the ditch.  The tow truck was stretched across the road, the deputies were standing around, and since our sub-division is a dead end street, I wasn’t going anywhere.  I wanted to yell out of my car window, “Hey, could you get a move on?!  I’m going to be late for church!”  But I thought that would be bad form.  I called Pastor Jamie and explained why I would be late to lead the music at church.  He said not to worry; Brother Carl would over for me.  Finally, after 35 minutes, the tow truck pulled out and the sheriff cars left.  I sped off, frustrated with the situation.  But I began to think, I was frustrating, but the lady in the ditch was much worse.  I should have been praying for her and not grumbling about my little delay.  The damage to her car was considerable while my inconvenience was already covered.  I was reminded of what Paul said in II Corinthians 4:17, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”  God was teaching that lady something, and He was teaching me too.  I need to think of others and not of myself.  So, … what about you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment