Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Misplaced


This morning I was in the bathroom looking for the Sudoku puzzle book.  I like to start in the front of the book with the easy puzzles.  The reason that I do the easy puzzles first is … well … they are easy.  But I gain more satisfaction when I complete an expert puzzle.  Of course, it takes much longer.  So, I was looking for the puzzle book and couldn’t find it.  My wife had cleaned the bathroom (thank you, sweetheart) and everything had been moved.  I looked and looked, but no puzzle book.  I finally asked her, and she said that it was on the shelf by the door.  I still couldn’t find it.  Finally, I noticed that the Kleenex box was floating above the shelf a quarter of an inch.  Ah Ha!  The missing puzzle book had been under the Kleenex box.  It was right there all the time.  My wife mumbled that is how I look for things.  Hey, before you laugh at me too much, are you the same way?  Have you ever looked for your reading glasses only to find them on top of your head?  Embarrassing, isn’t it?  But actually, the worst thing to misplace is the dear Lord.  Do you ever leave God out of your life?  Do you neglect prayer and communion with your Maker only to be reminded of your neglect when you suddenly find that you need Him?  Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 12:1, “Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them.”  Don’t “put God on a shelf” as a young man and forget about Him being there until you find that you need Him as an old man.  It may be too late for you to mend your broken relationship.  Hey, stay close to the dear Lord.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment