Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Styrofoam Cup


Last week, on the way home, my wife said, “I sure like those daffodils along the creek.”  Well, I can take a hint, so I stopped by to pick some that afternoon.  I pulled the truck over, got out, and walked along the road until I found a discarded cup (appropriately, it was Chicken Salad Chick).  Then I drove to the Boynton spring and filled the Styrofoam cup with fresh water.  Next, I drove downstream to where the wild daffodils were popping up.  I cut several with my trusty pocketknife and was on my way home.  My wife loved them and remarked about the “vase” that I had brought the flowers in.  Hey, a man’s got to improvise!  The key was the flowers, not the Styrofoam cup that they were in.  That’s the same with our Christian life.  It’s not about us as flawed Christians, it’s about Jesus Christ who is in us!  Paul said in II Corinthians 4:7, “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.”  The treasure is the Blessed Holy Spirit of God who indwells us.  Remember, it’s not about us, it’s about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment