Thursday, March 10, 2022

Who Is God?


We go god shopping to find a god that pleases us.  It ought to be the other way around.  We should find out what God is like and order our lives the way God wants us to be.  For example, do you really know me?  What is my favorite color?  What is my favorite food?  What is my favorite activity?  What are my pet peeves?  To know the answers to these questions, you must know me.  To know what God is like we must ask Him; we must read about Him in His Bible.  God has told us what He likes and what He dislikes in His written Word, the Bible.  God is not who we think He is.  God is not like a grandfather who watches his mischievous grandchildren and makes excuses for them saying, “Oh, well, boys will be boys.”  God is not a god who pleases us.  We want God to validate our materialism, our politics, and our sensuality.  We want to make our god.  But God is who He says He is!  The Almighty said in Malachi 3:6, “For I am the LORD, I change not …”  We serve God; He doesn’t serve us.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment