Thursday, March 3, 2022

Two Tissue Boxes


My wife has already started her springtime allergy coughing.  I have a box of Kleenex by her recliner that I take into the bedroom at night and then back into the living room in the morning.  I push her wheelchair, go back to get the Kleenex box - back and forth - it gets annoying.  I just realized today that I could get two Kleenex boxes and save trips!  Duh!  She will use no more Kleenex, just two boxes opened at once.  Why didn’t I think of that earlier?!  Like when our children were babies in their cribs at night.  They would lose their one pacifier and cry in the night.  I would have to get up, turn on the light, locate the missing pacifier, insert it into the crying baby’s mouth, turn off the light, and try to get them back to sleep so that I could get back to sleep.  Years later, my daughter was smarter with her children.  She would put them to sleep with a pacifier and then sprinkle five or six pacifiers strategically around the crib so that when they woke up without their pacifier, they would roll over and find another one, put it in their mouth, and go back to sleep on their own.  What a clever idea!  Solomon said in Proverbs 3:13, “Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.”  That man will also sleep well … with two boxes of Kleenex and a handful of pacifiers nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment