Friday, March 18, 2022

Power Tools


I don’t know what it is about power tools, but I like them.  It might be that I just feel powerful when I hear the scream of the circular saw and the pow of the nail gun.  If it has to be plugged into an outlet, if it needs to be connected with an air hose, if it requires gasoline or an 18-volt battery pack, I love it!  It might be the danger that is involved.  Every evening that I come home, I count my fingers.  If I can count to ten, it has been a good day.  I have only been nailed with a nail gun two times, but I still remember each time vividly, and I am extra cautious.  But I have one tool that is more dangerous than all of my power tools put together, and that’s my tongue.  The apostle James said in James 3:7&8, “For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.”  I have been trying to tame my tongue for seventy years, but it’s still out of control.  Oh, I’m careful with strangers and people that I am trying to impress, but my wife and family have suffered shameless lashings from my tongue.  The instant sharp words come out of my mouth, I am regretful, but it’s already been said.  It’s too late to bring them back.  Hey, am I alone?  Or do you have the same trouble that I do with your tongue?  Let’s ask the good Lord to help us to control our tongues today.

No comments:

Post a Comment