Sunday, March 27, 2022

Selflessness


When I first went to Romania in 1990, their bread was not sliced and it was baked into a large oval-shaped loaf like French bread.  Our host, Brother Florin D. said that he liked the end piece of the bread.  But I had a suspicion that he was just being kind to me and wanted to take the tiny end piece and give me the bigger slice that was next.  My Granny Epperly was the same way.  She said that she liked the neck of the chicken, and I recall her gnawing on it.  That was because she deferred to others giving them the better cuts of the chicken.  Paul said in Philippians 2:3, “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.”  We are commanded to defer to others.  But, isn’t it interesting that Paul was referring to Jesus Christ in this verse!  Jesus was selflessness in giving His life for us!  I am thankful for the selflessness of Brother Florin and Granny Epperly, but most of all, for the selflessness of Jesus Christ.  Why not take a moment and thank the dear Lord for His sacrifice on Calvary?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment